Friday, October 2, 2009

Creativity - Working Out With A Deck of Cards?


How creative did you get with your exercise this week? While on the road this week, I was not only out of routine but I didn't have access to any equipment. It was just too hot to run outside, but I knew I needed to get in at least 20 minutes of cardio. So, I pulled out my handy deck of cards. That's right, I used a deck of cards to get my workout in.

Here's how I did it:
I wrote down 10 cardio moves (ok, really 8 cardio and 2 ab exercises). You can use my list below.

Then, I flipped three cards off of the deck and added up the total. All cards are face value, except face cards equal 10 and aces are either 11 or 1 depending on your energy level. (example, king, queen and a 10 = 30. Or, an 8, 7 and king = 25). The total value of your cards will dictate how many you do of the first exercise. Complete exercise number 1 and then flip three more cards to get the value for your second exercise. No cheating, once you have your list, you can't go out of order :) Decide ahead of time weather you are going to go through all 10 exercise a set number of times or if you are just going to stop after 20 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.
  1. Jumping jacks
  2. Jump Rope (w/o a rope)
  3. Squat jumps
  4. Crunches
  5. Speed skaters or side lateral hops
  6. Flash dance knees
  7. Football runs
  8. Bunny hops
  9. Step ups (on a step or chair)
  10. Bicycle crunches
Give it a try. It was a great workout!

www.youcanmakeitfit.com
http://youcanmakeitfit.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment